Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy

+5
Mena
Splose
Texmon
ThatOneGuy
9 posters

Go down

Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy Empty Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy

Post  ThatOneGuy Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Name: Nate

All Characters(IE: Name/Level/Class): Shankz/100/Rogue

Why do you want to be part of the Hells Legion Staff: I want to be part of the Hells Legion Staff because I have really enjoyed the gameplay on this server and I've become interested in helping the server with anything that is within my abilities. I also feel that the experience would help me develop new skills as I try my best to enhance Hells Legion's gameplay for the players.

Time Zone and the times you can be online per day(usually): Eastern Time Zone and I can play anytime from 3:00PM-8:00PM on school nights. On the weekend I can usually be on at anytime, unless i'm busy.

Do you play retail and are you in a end game raiding guild that requires you to be online at certain times? No.

Any previous experience you had with being a Game Master/Dev/Moderator/Admin: I assisted my brother a little bit back when he was developing for another server and I have some experience with being a Game Master, but nothing major.

Do you have any experience with running/owning a WoW Private Sever? I have started up a couple test servers just to mess around on them, but I've never ran and owned a WoW Private Server that others can connect to without Hamachi.

Do you have any examples of your work? Sorry not at the moment.

How are you with people (e.g. patience, understanding, helpful, etc.): At times I can get frustrated, but I'm usually helpful, reasonable, and fair. Though depending on the situation my attitude towards others can change.

Can you handle orders, or do you prefer giving orders yourself: Both. I don't mind taking and handling orders, but I would prefer giving the orders myself.

Do you have Ventrilo with a working mic? Yes

What do you expect from Hells Legion? I expect to gain some additional skills from being a staff of Hells Legion.

Do you know anything about scripting C++? No. But I'm willing to learn.

Anything else you want us to know: N/A
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Back to top Go down

Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy Empty Re: Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy

Post  Texmon Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:24 am

off the bat i am going to tell you no because i never saw you in-game before
Texmon
Texmon

Back to top Go down

Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy Empty Re: Game Master Application - ThatOneGuy

Post  Splose Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Texmon wrote:off the bat i am going to tell you no because i never saw you in-game before
His opinion doesn't mean much since he's not staff.. Continue on your path of GMhood friend.

Splose

Back to top Go down

Post  Texmon Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm

I kinda does McCrick and Avenger look at what we say and what they think of the person but what is there to look at if this guy is new to the server
Texmon
Texmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Splose Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 am

False. No one looks at what you say and it doesn't matter what you think. I made a huge post in another GM application like a week ago and no one answered it. Your opinion and everyone else's as a player means absolutely nothing in the acceptance of GM applications or anything for that matter.

This server appears to be run for profit off of jew donations.

Splose

Back to top Go down

Post  Mena Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm

No, one, because of age, two, because of your lack of experience, three, I haven't seen you online once, and I'm the same time zone as you.

In reply to Splose, if you don't like it, then go to a different server. Stop BMing on the forums.
Mena
Mena

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Personally I would say no... But I haven't been online in about a week so I can't really say that I "know" you. Your a little young, but I've known people who are much more mature for their age. All in all I would wish you the best of luck on your application. As for the guy saying our comments mean nothing, there is no real way for me to be more blunt about this. But you are seriously 100% dead wrong.. I would hope.
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ♠Spade♠ Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Age is just a number Maturity is what matters, If you think Age is all that then you are wrong.
♠Spade♠
♠Spade♠

Back to top Go down

Post  Radahan, of Ashen Verdict Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Totally agree with Spade. Age does definitely not matter. Sure you will not hire a 10-year-old kid. But when talking about teenagers, their mindset might be much more developed than you might think. They could be mature persons and willing to pick up new challenges.
Nevertheless, as most of the others said, I wouldn't approve this application either, but as I did not get the chance to meet him, I cannot say either +1 or -1. It is all up to the staff member that will review this application.
And as far as I am concerned, no staff member should take their decisions based on what people think. I have played on UnforgivenWoW for 3 years (until the server died due to some leakers who "sold" the server). They had the best management among all the other private servers. Never did they allow players to see anything related to "Applications". The application section should be blocked from the user's view and only high level admins and owners shall have the ability to post and review them.
This would firstly reduce the plagiarism which you can clearly see that is spreading very fast, as well as many other benefits it would provide us with.

So my point is that "the regular user's voice" means nothing. That's how it should be.
Take as an example, you live in a country; you have a president/king/queen/whatever; one day, 10-15 people decide they want a new law to be implemented or someone to be kicked out, or someone to be accepted on a position; that will not happen. I think you can figure this out by yourselves. But if you need further development of the idea, contact me in a PM and I will clear it out for you.

Don't get me wrong though, leaving a feedback is very welcome and to be appreciated (either good or bad feedback), but IT SHALL NEVER CHANGE A DECISION that a staff member has to take.

Regards,
Jonathan.

Radahan, of Ashen Verdict

Back to top Go down

Post  Splose Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Radahan, of Ashen Verdict wrote:Totally agree with Spade. Age does definitely not matter. Sure you will not hire a 10-year-old kid. But when talking about teenagers, their mindset might be much more developed than you might think. They could be mature persons and willing to pick up new challenges.
Nevertheless, as most of the others said, I wouldn't approve this application either, but as I did not get the chance to meet him, I cannot say either +1 or -1. It is all up to the staff member that will review this application.
And as far as I am concerned, no staff member should take their decisions based on what people think. I have played on UnforgivenWoW for 3 years (until the server died due to some leakers who "sold" the server). They had the best management among all the other private servers. Never did they allow players to see anything related to "Applications". The application section should be blocked from the user's view and only high level admins and owners shall have the ability to post and review them.
This would firstly reduce the plagiarism which you can clearly see that is spreading very fast, as well as many other benefits it would provide us with.

So my point is that "the regular user's voice" means nothing. That's how it should be.
Take as an example, you live in a country; you have a president/king/queen/whatever; one day, 10-15 people decide they want a new law to be implemented or someone to be kicked out, or someone to be accepted on a position; that will not happen. I think you can figure this out by yourselves. But if you need further development of the idea, contact me in a PM and I will clear it out for you.

Don't get me wrong though, leaving a feedback is very welcome and to be appreciated (either good or bad feedback), but IT SHALL NEVER CHANGE A DECISION that a staff member has to take.

Regards,
Jonathan.
Don't read my posts and refer to this one.

This is a nicer and more straightforward version of what I was saying. The people they decide to hire to GM or Dev their server is none of your business and your opinion means nothing.

Splose

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostyboy Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:46 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:Name: Nate

All Characters(IE: Name/Level/Class): Shankz/100/Rogue

Why do you want to be part of the Hells Legion Staff: I want to be part of the Hells Legion Staff because I have really enjoyed the gameplay on this server and I've become interested in helping the server with anything that is within my abilities. I also feel that the experience would help me develop new skills as I try my best to enhance Hells Legion's gameplay for the players.

Time Zone and the times you can be online per day(usually): Eastern Time Zone and I can play anytime from 3:00PM-8:00PM on school nights. On the weekend I can usually be on at anytime, unless i'm busy.

Do you play retail and are you in a end game raiding guild that requires you to be online at certain times? No.

Any previous experience you had with being a Game Master/Dev/Moderator/Admin: I assisted my brother a little bit back when he was developing for another server and I have some experience with being a Game Master, but nothing major.

Do you have any experience with running/owning a WoW Private Sever? I have started up a couple test servers just to mess around on them, but I've never ran and owned a WoW Private Server that others can connect to without Hamachi.

Do you have any examples of your work? Sorry not at the moment.

How are you with people (e.g. patience, understanding, helpful, etc.): At times I can get frustrated, but I'm usually helpful, reasonable, and fair. Though depending on the situation my attitude towards others can change.

Can you handle orders, or do you prefer giving orders yourself: Both. I don't mind taking and handling orders, but I would prefer giving the orders myself.

Do you have Ventrilo with a working mic? Yes

What do you expect from Hells Legion? I expect to gain some additional skills from being a staff of Hells Legion.

Do you know anything about scripting C++? No. But I'm willing to learn.

Anything else you want us to know: N/A

Haven't seen you ingame mate, but as soon as I will get to talk to you, I'll update this with +1/-1. Smile
ghostyboy
ghostyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Quiet Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:00 pm

I don't think he plays here anymore. I haven't seen in online in awhile, and we have identical time zones.
Quiet
Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down