Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE

4 posters

Go down

guide - Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE Empty Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE

Post  Logged Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:27 pm

We'll start with something simple, now I couldn't find a talent calculator that would allow me to edit the skill points. So because of this I'm going to be very detailed on the talents. It might be overwhelming, for that I apologize in advance.

Talents

Demonology (51 points)

Improved Healthstone - Rank 2/2
Increases the amount of Health restored by your Healthstone by 20%.

Demonic Embrace - Rank 3/3
Increases your total Stamina by 10%.

Fel Synergy - Rank 2/2
You have a 100% chance to heal your pet for 15% of the amount of spell damage done by you.

Fel Vitality - Rank 3/3
Increases the Stamina and Intellect of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard by 15% and increases your maximum health and mana by 3%.

Improved Imp - Rank 3/3
Increases the effect of your Imp's Fire Bolt, Fire Shield, and Blood Pact spells by 30%

Soul Link - Rank 1/1
When active, 20% of all damage taken by the caster is taken by your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, Felguard, or enslaved demon instead. That damage cannot be prevented. Lasts as long as the demon is active and controlled.

Fel Domination - Rank 1/1
Your next Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter or Felguard Summon spell has its casting time reduced by 5.5 sec and its Mana cost reduced by 50%.

Demonic Aegis - Rank 3/3
Increases the effectiveness of your Demon Armor and Fel Armor spells by 30%.

Unholy Power - Rank 5/5
Increases the damage done by your Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard's melee attacks and your Imp's Firebolt by 20%.

Master Conjuror - Rank 2/2
Increases the combat ratings gained from your conjured Firestone and Spellstone by 300%.

Master Demonologist - Rank 4/5
Grants both the Warlock and the summoned demon an effect as long as that demon is active.

Imp - Increases your Fire damage by 4%, and increases the critical effect chance of your Fire spells by 4%.

Voidwalker - Reduces Physical damage taken by 8%.

Succubus - Increases your Shadow damage by 4%, and increases the critical effect chance of your Shadow spells by 4%.

Felhunter - Reduces all spell damage taken by 8%.

Felguard - Increases all damage done by 4%, and reduces all damage taken by 4%.

Molten Core - Rank 3/3
Increases the duration of your Immolate by 9 sec, and you have a 12% chance to gain the Molten Core effect when your Corruption deals damage. The Molten Core effect empowers your next 3 Incinerate or Soul Fire spells cast within 15 sec.

Incinerate - Increases damage done by 18% and reduces cast time by 30%.

Soul Fire - Increases damage done by 18% and increases critical strike chance by 15%.

Demonic Knowledge - Rank 3/3
Increases your spell damage by an amount equal to 12% of the total of your active demon's Stamina plus Intellect.

Demonic Tactics - Rank 5/5
Increases melee and spell critical strike chance for you and your summoned demon by 10%.

Decimation - Rank 2/2
When you Shadowbolt, Incinerate or Soul Fire a target that is at or below 35% health, the cast time of your Soul Fire spell is reduced by 40% for 10 sec. Soul Fires cast under the effect of Decimation cost no shard.

Nemesis - Rank 3/3
Reduces the cooldown of your Demonic Empowerment, Metamorphosis, and Fel Domination spells by 30%.

Demonic Pact - Rank 5/5
Increases your spell damage by 10%, and your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 10% of your Spell Damage for 45 sec. This effect has a 20 sec cooldown. Does not work on Enslaved demons.

Metamorphosis - Rank 1/1
You transform into a Demon for 30 sec. This form increases your armor by 600%, damage by 20%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and reduces the duration of stun and snare effects by 50%. You gain some unique demon abilities in addition to your normal abilities. 3 minute cooldown.

Destruction (40 points)

Improved Shadow Bolt - Rank 5/5
Increases the damage done by your Shadow Bolt spell by 10%, and your Shadow Bolt has a 100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 5%. Effect lasts 30 sec.

Bane - Rank 5/5
Reduces the casting time of your Shadow Bolt. Chaos Bolt and Immolate spells by 0.5 sec and your Soul Fire spell by 2 sec.

Aftermath - Rank 2/2
Increases the periodic damage done by your Immolate by 6%, and your Conflagrate has a 100% chance to daze the target for 5 sec.

Ruin - Rank 5/5
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Destruction spells and your Imp's Firebolt spell by 100%.

Intensity - Rank 2/2
Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting or channeling any Destruction spell by 70%.

Destructive Reach - Rank 2/2
Increases the range of your Destruction spells by 20% and reduces threat caused by Destruction spells by 20%.

Improved Immolate - Rank 3/3
Increases the damage done by your Immolate spell by 30%.

Devastation - Rank 1/1
Increases the critical strike chance of your Destruction spells by 5%.

Emberstorm - Rank 5/5
Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 15% and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 0.25.2 sec.

Conflagrate - Rank 1/1
Consumes an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the enemy target to instantly deal damage equal to 60% of your Immolate or Shadowflame, and causes an additional 40% damage over 6 sec.

Soul Leech - Rank 1/3
Gives your Shadow Bolt, Shadowburn, Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire, Incinerate, Searing Pain and Conflagrate spells a 10% chance to return health equal to 20% of the damage caused.

Pyroclasm - Rank 3/3
When you critically strike with Searing Pain or Conflagrate, your Fire and Shadow spell damage is increased by 6% for 10 sec.

Shadow and Flame - Rank 5/5
Your Shadow Bolt, Shadowburn, Chaos Bolt and Incinerate spells gain an additional 20% of your bonus spell damage effects.

Glyphs

Conflagrate (Major Glyph)
Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.

Incinerate (Major Glyph)
Increases the damage done by Incinerate by 5%.

Metamorphosis (Major Glyph)
Increases the duration of your Metamorphosis by 6 sec.

As far as minors go it does not matter as much, just choose something you personally would like.

Best dual class for warlocks

Mage

Gives you molton armor which will increase your crit by 35% of your spirit. I currently have 9122 spirit which gives me 16.09 extra crit rating. Without that extra crit I sit at 69.81% crit, that is not including my Grand Firestone which will also give 1% more crit rating. Keeping in mind I stack crit gems to obtain a grand total of 86.88% crit rating. If you include the buff from the talent "Improved Shadow Bolt" which increases the crit from all spells, that puts my crit at 91.88%.

Mages also give Blink, Dragons Breath, and mirror images which can be used to drop threat. Keep in mind each of these spells will break metamorphosis form.

Paladin

Avenging Wrath is a 20% damage increase that has been confirmed to stack with metamorphosis form, which is also a 20% damage increase. The CD on Avenging Wrath is 3 mins long, and the CD on metamorphosis form is 2 mins. Meaning you can use these two in coordination with each other for a huge damage buff.

You will also get Hand of freedom, which has its uses in PvE if a boss slows, heal and dispel. Those two should be self explanatory.

Gems

Personally I was stacking crit to get as much as I possibly can, keep in mind that my warlock is mage dual class. After some review over gems there is a choice to either take 3% crit (Stacking crit yellows) or 700sp(stacking SP gems). As of right now I'm leaning towards the 700sp, since crit was just nerfed.

Meta - Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (21 crit rating and 3% increase crit damage)
Red - Runied Stormjewl (+23 Spell power)
Blue - Purified Dreadstone (12 Spell power and 10 spirit)

Enchant(s)

If more enchants get released I will update this section. As of right now there is only enchants for weapons though.

Weapon - Enchant weapon - Mighty Spell power (63 Spell power)
Along with Grand Firestone.

Rotation

1) Immolation
2) Conflagrate, will not affect GCD if used right after Immolation
3)Shadowbolt, will give you 5% more crit on all ability's for 20 seconds. Refresh every 18-19 seconds.
4)You have a choice here, either u can cast Corrution or apply Curse of Elements on this GCD.
5)Incinerate, then apply the one you did not choose to cast on this GCD.
6)Continue to spam Incinerate while managing your dots until the boss reaches 35%.
7)Once the bosses reaches 35% health you will recieve "Decimation" which will allow you to cast Soulfire at about a 1 second cast time, also Soulfire will not consume a soulshard. During this time continue to cast Soulfire in the place of
Incinerate. Keep in mind that you still need to manage dots, with an exception to corruption since its a weak ability as it is.

AOE

You can combine Metamorphsis form's Immolation aura with Rain of fire and pull a good amount of damage for AOE. Even in single target, when you pop meta form also apply Immolation Aura. Mine currently ticks for about 8.6k every .6 seconds for a total of 9 seconds.

What pet should you use?

Always use the Imp. This pet gives a % bonus to Fire Dmg.

Keep in mind I would love to read what other people suggest. Everyone is entiled to their own opinion and I encourage anyone to post their thoughts about warlocks on this page. If you find something that I have overlooked or might have made a mistake on, by all means I beg you to post your thoughts. Thanks for reading the guide - see you guys in game!

UPDATE: Since Jpeg has joined the guild and has been raiding with us, I've been able to see his dps with his spec. His build is more desto then demo, and he tends to pull ahead of me in DPS by a couple thousand on most fights. The build that I run is too increase the raids spell power (Demonic Pact). Our builds although different, Synergize quite well with each other.

Last edited by Logged on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved some things around. Added a AOE section and mention what pet you should use.)
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

guide - Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE Empty Re: Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE

Post  Softserve Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Although I am not apart of your guild would it be possible for outside players to post their opinions here as well?
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

guide - Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE Empty Re: Nsfwlolicon - Guide on how to warlock PvE

Post  Logged Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Absolutely, I'm just waiting until the nerf happens to being working on it. Which I talked to crick today about how to nerf warlocks, and based on the conclusion warlocks should be equal now. I'm not sure if I was suppose to say that but I don't see any harm in it since it will be posted in the news soon anyway XD. On a side note I'm not really sure if this topic will take place in here. It might be better to place it in class discussion since that would make more sense.
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbie Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:22 am

FINALLY! I'm so excited for those nerfs! Very Happy
Barbie
Barbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Texmon Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:37 am

Lol now Warrior nerfs Smile
Texmon
Texmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:32 am

Mccrick and avenger hating on my mains. STAHP
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbie Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Warriors are only entirely broken on fights with cleave...Like the tree in AC. And plus, with the way armor is I can go from doing 50k bloodthirsts on hooch to 15k on avenger. Sad
Barbie
Barbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm

This took awhile xD
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:27 pm

I like everything except the build, I'm currently running 0/38/53
I find my build doesn't have that huge burst yours does with wings and demo form, but it rolls a constant DPS.
For short fights I would prefer your build, but if you're looking to break 40k and touch 50k you're going to need a little more than burst every 2 minutes.

just my thoughts.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Softserve wrote:I like everything except the build, I'm currently running 0/38/53
I find my build doesn't have that huge burst yours does with wings and demo form, but it rolls a constant DPS.
For short fights I would prefer your build, but if you're looking to break 40k and touch 50k you're going to need a little more than burst every 2 minutes.

just my thoughts.
I tend to break 55k dps on that build stay at 48k-50k. I'd like to see your build though. But that would require you to play again XDD
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm online now.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 am

Softserve wrote:I'm online now.
Good deal! Currently I'm raiding, we are on break atm. DIE NAZZGRIM!
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbie Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:06 am

This guide is absolutely amazing. Warlocks are extremely strong and pull ridiculous damage, and this guide shows exactly how to pull it off. I've noticed there's some debate going on about how there are more "consistent" damage builds which is great. However, in a guild run the current T2 bosses were dropping to nothing in less than 2 minutes...some even about a minute. I realize that technically Metamorphosis is a cooldown, when that cooldown lasts half a bosses fight, idk any sort of consistent damage build would be likely to work. This build is tried and tested, and Nsfw has proven his ability to stomp damage meters on several occasions and have seen him pull upwards of 80k on some fights.
Barbie
Barbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down