Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive's GM Application

Go down

Thrive's GM Application Empty Thrive's GM Application

Post  Thrive Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 am

Name:
Clay White

United States, Texas

All Characters(IE: Name/Level/Class):

• Thrive 100 Hunter
  • Thriving 100 Priest

Why do you want to be part of the Hells Legion Staff:
The server at first sparked my interest when I started leveling here and found the unique Boss Leveling Road. The leveling road was fantastic and like something I've never seen. From that point on I knew I would like the game play implemented by the developers because I saw how much time they put into around 30 minutes of game play - leveling non the less. I really love the content and I know others also do; Providing a better and more helpful game play for others is all I'd like to do. I always prefer a person to give me a few pointers when I start out and that can answer a few questions I have about the server.

Time Zone and the times you can be online per day(usually):
First off you have to know I attend college and high school at the same time so school does come first. If I have a project that needs to be done in school I'll work on it before getting to my daily online hours.
Time Zone- Central Standard time GMT (-6:00)

• Monday    4:20 P.M. - 12:00 A.M. ( On and off between these times but around 2-4 hours)
  • Tuesday   4:20 P.M. - 12:00 A.M. ( On and off between these times but around 2-4 hours)
  • Wednesday 4:20 P.M. - 12:00 A.M. ( On and off between these times but around 2-4 hours)
  • Thursday  4:20 P.M. - 12:00 A.M. ( On and off between these times but around 2-4 hours)
  • Friday    3:50 P.M. - 12:00 A.M. (On most of the day unless I'm eating for such 5+ Hours)
  • Saturday  12:00 A.M. - 12:00 A.M. (On most of the day unless I'm eating for such 12+ Hours)
  • Sunday    12:00 A.M. - 12:00 A.M. (On and off because this is when I finish my homework for Monday but around 6+ hours)

Do you play retail and are you in a end game raiding guild that requires you to be online at certain times?
Yes I play retail, though I'm not in a end game raiding guild. I play arenas on retail and I can just dual log my GM account with retail and answer tickets between arena que times.

Any previous experience you had with being a Game Master/Dev/Moderator/Admin:

• Game Master Future WoW 60 twink server
  • Game Master Paradox WoW 19 twink server

Do you have any experience with running/owning a WoW Private Sever?
On Paradox WoW I was only a GM but all the members of the staff helped run the server and made decisions together. I have no experience owning a private server or running one alone though.

Do you have any examples of your work?
I do not but I have people that can vouch I was a GM at the places I stated, and you can ask them how I did if you'd like.

How are you with people (e.g. patience, understanding, helpful, etc.):
My most desirable traits would probably be honesty and the will to successes. I really take pride in my work and want it to progress so I'll do all I can do keep it fun and as helpful as I can. Sometimes I can lack on being understanding as when it comes to unbanning or banning people, if there is evidence and the person isn't following the rules I will listen to him but have less understanding if he doesn't own up to what they did.

Can you handle orders, or do you prefer giving orders yourself:
Handling order is what I prefer but at the same time I like to have my opinion about a discussion we (as the staff) are having. I can give orders but as a Game Master there isn't much orders to give.

Do you have Ventrilo with a working mic?
Yes I have a mic, Ventrilo, also Skype and such.

What do you expect from Hells Legion?
World of Warcraft is a game; it's used to have fun and feel sense of accomplishment. Providing fun content that I can do with the community and helping anywhere I can. When everyone starts they could use a helping hand with how things work and I would love to be that person.

Do you know anything about scripting C++?
No I do not know any C++ or any other coding languages.

Anything else you want us to know:
Helping people is what I love to do. Every Friday I go and help tutor kids on math at grade schools. Not to brag but I'm exceptional in math and at this moment have a 4.0 GPA in college which basically meaning I have a perfect score.

I've decided to add more questions to let you staff members further evaluate me.

Describe the differences between an Emotional decision and a Logical decision:
Emotional is usually acting out of anger though it can be in other terms. Lets say I disliked a player and he got reported for hacking, the emotional response would be to treat him less or more fair than the average player. Logical would be to treat him equally as you would a random stranger.

How would you react if you were to get fired:
If I was fired I would leave a forum post on being fired and why I got fired. I won't do anything to mess up the server or such; I would take the demotion as a sign of what I could fix for future reference.

Source for questions, http://arena-addicts.net/pages/gmapp/

Last edited by Thrive on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thrive

Back to top Go down

Thrive's GM Application Empty Re: Thrive's GM Application

Post  Thrive Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Thrive wrote:
How would you react if you were to get fired:
If I was fired I would leave a forum post on being fired and why I got fired. I won't do anything to mess up the server or such; I would take the demotion as a sign of what I could fix for future reference.

Source for questions, http://arena-addicts.net/pages/gmapp/
Updated

Thrive

Back to top Go down