Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server

4 posters

Go down

Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server Empty Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server

Post  Jpeg Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Fundamentally, the server makes sense and is quite good.  You start at 1 and level up pretty fast to 100.  Then you quickly get tier 1 gear and then it takes a little while to grind for Tier 2 and pvp gear.

Credentials
Heres my ac web account # (aka how early i joined)
Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server XnR60aY
Ive been playing on private servers basically forever and ive played on a lot.  So if another server has certain things then you would need to also have those things to keep up.

Disclaimer: I bet a lot of these have been suggested already

1. Professions.
On other servers you can level up professions.  So on this server you need to be able to level up professions.  I can't even begin to fathom why they're disabled atm.  Is it because engi boots are for donors?  Well that cant be the logic, because you need to use Cheat Engine to enchant your boots to do it and thats how hydra got banned and then you'd just get banned.

2. Flying in Northrend.
On other servers you can fly in Northrend.  This is basically fucks you twice as hard because 1) nobody can fly in Northrend and 2) people coming into your server EXPECT to be able to fly in Northrend.  Terrible idea all around, i think the original intention was because of frostscythe.  I geared up another character recently and reset pit of saron like 5 times for all my epic weapons.

3. No custom patch philosophy
Yeah I think custom patches suck as well.  Played on another server with a 400 MB one and then they upgraded to a 1.6GB patch.  Nobody has time for that shit.  Anyways, The armor ID's are not compatible with the client DBC's.  You might not think people wanna min/max their characters, but they do.  An actual enchant NPC that force applies the enchant to the item should be scripted.

4. Cross Faction Everything
On other servers you can interact with the other faction.  If you were really trying to keep factions separate, you might as well disable cross faction grouping and chat. So just enable cross faction guilds / friends list / etc already.

5. Make leveling way fucking easier *heavily population related*
Its no secret that everyone hates leveling. Currently, the boss rush is way faster than the AoE leveling road no contest but some classes aren't very good at the boss rush. Solutions: Double all the stats on all the starter armor OR make the aoe leveling road mobs have 1 hp and 1 second respawn times.

Last edited by Jpeg on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jpeg
Jpeg

Back to top Go down

Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server Empty Re: Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server

Post  Softserve Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Your argument is valid, I think the admins should really take these into consideration. Well written suggestion Jpeg.

Keep them coming!

Best regards
Soft
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server Empty Re: Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server

Post  TheMoneyHater Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:15 am

1. Professions. On other servers you can level up professions. So on this server you need to be able to level up professions. I can't even begin to fathom why they're disabled atm. Is it because engi boots are for donors? Well that cant be the logic, because you need to use Cheat Engine to enchant your boots to do it and thats how hydra got banned and then you'd just get banned. wrote:
For what goods do you need them?

2. Flying in Northrend. On other servers you can fly in Northrend. This is basically fucks you twice as hard because 1) nobody can fly in Northrend and 2) people coming into your server EXPECT to be able to fly in Northrend. Terrible idea all around, i think the original intention was because of frostscythe. I geared up another character recently and reset pit of saron like 5 times for all my epic weapons. wrote:
I agree, I really don't like that you cannot fly in Northrend
Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server YGTrn3k
This is me and my friend having some fun and then the truck of NO FLYING IN NORTHREND appears.

3. No custom patch philosophy Yeah I think custom patches suck as well. Played on another server with a 400 MB one and then they upgraded to a 1.6GB patch. Nobody has time for that shit. Anyways, The armor ID's are not compatible with the client DBC's. You might not think people wanna min/max their characters, but they do. An actual enchant NPC that force applies the enchant to the item should be scripted. wrote:
This is you right now in my eyes.
Remove the Anti-Fun Aspects of the Server M9Wq15T
I don't understand what you are trying to say..
The patch will never in the world be 1.6 GB big if that is something you dont like and no... It will take time to make the patch so I and McCrick know for sure that everything that should be there is there. "Anyways, The armor ID's are not compatible with the client DBC's" you mean that you can't enchant the items? (Patch) and I think that the enchant npc idea should be number 4.

Ive been playing on private servers basically forever and ive played on a lot. So if another server has certain things then you would need to also have those things to keep up. wrote:
H-WoW didn't go to second place on the top list of Private Servers for nothing. They had a idea about a patch and they made it. I helped H-WoW with there patch and I think you should respect the fact that you don't know anything about patches. H-WoW was the first server that actually made a "Good content patch".
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jpeg Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 am

Obviously it won't be 1.6gb. But the whole point is to not ever have to download a patch. Maybe you want to wait 5 hours before playing, but I don't. That is literally the entire reason I left that other server, because I couldn't download the patch because eventually it became 1.6 GIGABYTES and my Internet is dogshit. The server owners need to be ready for all variables, and people with 3rd world Internet downloading large patches is going to limit their population. It's unacceptable. That is something to keep in mind for this server. You say it might start at a few MB, but developers could get ambitious. I'm sure you say it will never get that large but what proof do you have?

So yea all I was saying is there is no point in making a custom patch because it fucks over your population and the main point of it which is fixing enchants can be done with an NPC.

Hope that cleared things up learn to speak English.
Jpeg
Jpeg

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 am

http://paste2.org/4keVtNsW

Bam Done! The problem is that maybe McCrick don't want to add it.

I won't argue with someone who lack knowledge.
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeca Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am

Your 3 Suggestions Are all Things That Mccrick And Avenger Are Aware Of.

I Totally Back You Up, Yes This Server Needs These Things

+111111
Xeca
Xeca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum