Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogfight Event

4 posters

Go down

Dogfight Event Empty Dogfight Event

Post  Xeca Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 am

Well Yesturday You Decided To Do The Dogfight Event. This Is Abit Of Both FeedBack And Suggestion To Help Improve It

I Liked The Idea Of It, It Was Quite Cool But A Few Things Got Me About It.

The Size Of The Arena

Now Heres The First Problem (In My Eyes), And That Is The Arena Was Too Big. There Was Too Much Space To Move Around. I Think You Should Maybe Scale The Size Of It Down So That Everyone Isnt As Divided And Scattered

The Hp Of The Bots

Whilst This Wasn't Much Of A Problem I Still Think This Took Too Long To Finish Up. I Think Maybe Reducing The Hp Can Result In A Quicker Dogfight Thus Finishing Up The Event Quicker.

That Random Empty Arcane Prison Floating In The Air

Im Sure Noone Else Had This Problem, So This Is Probable Just Me, But I Got Stuck In A Prison In The Air And Couldn't Get Out. Im Not Sure Whether Or Not That Was The Point So Other People Can DPS You up Or What. But It Was Annoying.

All In All I Liked The Event Idea But I Didn't Really Think It Was That Great. Its Weird So Maybe It Will Grow But I Think You Need To Clear Some Things Up A Little

Thanks For Reading Smile
Xeca
Xeca

Back to top Go down

Dogfight Event Empty Re: Dogfight Event

Post  Softserve Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Although I didn't participate in the event I did get to see the arena and know what you're talking about, I think its pretty hard to find an enclosed arena like the one they had, but it was pretty large. Now take into account that there were only 20 or so people in the event, imagine 50-60, that arena will be much better than a smaller one. The box confused me too, but i'm assuming there is a reason for it to be spawned in that specific location. Love the suggestions and dedication you have proven! Thanks again Xeca!

Best regards
Soft
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Thank you for the formal feedback on the event, Xeca.

1. I can certainly agree with you that the scale of the room is very large. I feel as though the room would be very suitable if we have more people participating in the event, but a second smaller player area would be very good too. The main reason we chose this location is because it is an enclosed area that didn't give players "the sky is the limit". But as I said previously, I wouldn't mind finding a smaller area at all just to make it so that players aren't so spread out everywhere.

2. I was actually concerned with the health of the bots before testing the event to be honest, but after seeing it in action I don't have too much of a problem with it. The health could use some adjustments which is a very simple fix Smile

3. As for the random prison in the middle of the room I am going to have to personally apologize for. The room used for the event originally had a random spot in the middle of the room that included an invisible box that traps players inside without any sort of escape (Minus hearthing/teleport of course). This random invisible box was not created by any of the Admins/GMs and is as much a mystery to us as it is you. Unfortunately it is not a game object so it cannot simply be "deleted". The arcane prison object itself was placed there in hopes that players didn't go near the random invisible spot and get themselves stuck. This is also another reason why I would not mind moving the event to another location.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback Smile
Avenger
Avenger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  McCrick Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 pm

The little trap thing in the middle of the air has been fixed by spawning a bigger box around it so you cannot go in it. Very Happy
McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

when in doubt just go bigger.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran