Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity

+2
Jpeg
6 posters

Go down

Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity Empty Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity

Post  Jpeg Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:12 am

Blackrock Depths, the five man dungeon drops 1 item per boss.  Thats fine cause its resettable.

Molten Core, is a fifteen man raid and drops 1 item per boss.  And you cant even reset MC.

5 x 3 = 15
1 x 3 = 3

1 item for 5 people, 3 items for 15.

Or we could continue to go on the way it is and be all like "fvck logic"
Jpeg
Jpeg

Back to top Go down

Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity Empty Re: Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity

Post  Logged Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:21 am

I have no idea why I have not made a post about this issue myself. Jpeg made it super clear that there is not a fair compensation for the amount of time or effort that goes into getting 15 people together and getting them to do the boss. Please, Hells staff consider this post and change/increase the amount of drops that each boss will drop.
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity Empty Re: Regarding Molten Core & Drop Quantity

Post  Summer Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:00 am

The raid itself is resettable. You can reset it by going from 10 man to 25 man.

And for the drops I have to agree that it is very time consuming for such a small reward. I mean, T2 is basically given to us for free if you compare it to T3 content. With 1 single run you can get 6 pieces or more from AC. From 10 Molten core runs you can get nothing but dust, depending on your class. If you play warlock/hunter/mage you can forget about getting loot. You are good if you play all the other classes but then again you need to roll against 1-4 others that need that item. That is still better than no gear atleast you're having the chance to roll for it.

I seriously think you guys should add more drops to the loot table. Like Necks/Trinkets/Rings. It would incourage people to join raids and people won't be feeling it was a waste of time after the raid is over, they might be lucky and actually get 1 piece of gear from 4 hours of raiding. This is a funserver afterall, it is supposed to be fun raiding. Not TOO INSANELY time consuming and low rewarding.

I sincerly hope Avenger and McCrick takes this into consideration.

Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post  McCrick Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:18 am

We are thinking about adding transmog gear or other loot to the bosses but one tier piece is fine. And as Hyper said, you can reset the raid. You guys ran out of content before because you could do AC a few times and get a full set in a few hours. This content release was made for you guy to work on for a long time not to just get geared in one day.
Just remember that on retail a 10man raid drops 2 pieces but you can only do it once a week but on here you can reset the raid.

oh and why are you so rude jpeg?
McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:29 am

Well although I may not agree with the response, but I do however see your point. As far as jpegs response goes, I believe he was very upfront in his tone. And although you might not see it fit, it did however get your attention. :}
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Summer Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:41 am

I understand your point of view but you aren't seeing ours. WE are the players that play on YOUR server. We spend time on the server to get some kind of fun factor into our lives/spare time. But the fun factor is fading away with this new content.

I talk for my entire guild when I say this. Doing Molten core is boring and low rewarding. The raid is fine, the mechanics is fine. Everything is fine except the drops. I haven't seen a single member in /raid saying OMG this is so much fun. Just please understand that we aren't trying to gear up on 1 day. We just want some fun to our raiding and fun is getting rewardings for killing shit. Transmog items are useless. They don't help us progress raiding wise at all. You don't need to add T3 tokens, just other types of gear, offhands or some shit like that. Just anything that increases our interest abit more.

Don't get us wrong, we love the hard work you guys do and we aren't being greedy, everyone in the guild has raiding experience and they know how it works on retail. But this is not retail so please for the love of god think about this one more time McCrick.

I would also like to add that it's hard to get raids to work. People have to leave for various reasons during raids. So we cannot raid ALL THE TIME because of that.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post  Snackz Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:08 am

Not to go against the raid leader, but I seem to be the only one in guild that disagrees. I enjoy the raid the way it is, and we don't really need more loot to progress...didn't we just down the last boss of MC in 1 attempt today with everyone in T2? And I do feel bad for going against everything you're saying....but at the same time, it's not Crick's or Avengers fault that people are leaving raids for various reasons. That's on us, we need a more solid group. If we had 15 people that would join and stay, we could clear back to back no problem. And it would end up taking no more time to do than AC anyways.

Snackz

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbie Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 am

Honestly, the gear farm is much more difficult that any self-proclaimed "fun server" I have ever been on. There is no reason that a boss should drop one piece that you have to compete with 5 or more people on average (since there are only 3 tokens) and THEN go farm outdated content again just so that you can get the extra currency to exchange that lousy token (that you have a slim chance of getting in the first place) for a shiny new piece of gear with *gasp* 25 extra strength (for warriors).

And for you Snacks: based on the fact that bosses have 10 times the amount of health AND there is trash all over the place with as much health as the bosses from ac AND that there is an actual chance of wiping...no. No mater how "solid" the group is, there is no way that it will ever be cleared nearly as quickly as ac is.

P.S. No matter how impressive the content actually is, the farm isn't worth it and I don't think I'll be raiding until the loot system is given a second thought. Which sucks because I was loving the server, and I still do enjoy the rest of the T3 content.
Barbie
Barbie

Back to top Go down

Post  McCrick Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 am

I have talked to Avenger about this and came to the conclusion that the bosses will drop 2x Tier 3 tokens. cheers We are still thinking of adding more stuff to the bosses like Heroic tokens, transmog, etc..

The point with having to go back and farm AC again is so you guys get rewarded by helping new players on the server. (It's not really outdated content when we're still in beta and releasing/fixing content to make the server "live". Tier 1, 2, 3 is what we planned awhile ago for the base of the server.)

The warrior gear actually got screwed up slightly. It's actually suppose to have 775 strength. (Fixed now)
Tier 3 sets should of got a 100+ main dps stat, 150+ stam, 20-40+ green text equip from tier 2 set. (thinking about buffing it to be better)

McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 am

This post made me smile! +10 for that CRICKY! Thank you for considering this post. About the gear being buffed, That sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure how fast you want us clearing content but if everyone doesn't pull at least 35K+ DPS (And thats barely cutting it) you will not be able to do bosses that have an enrage timer. In current T2 gear/T3 offsets some of our members can reach 60-68k DPS, Myself included. Of course of those people hitting that range its shamans, warlocks, mages.
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Summer Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 am

This is really great news! Btw when you are fixing warriors could you fix tier 2 helmet for mages? We seem to be missing our set bonus.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum