Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feral Druid Dual Class Suggestions

5 posters

Go down

Feral Druid Dual Class Suggestions Empty Feral Druid Dual Class Suggestions

Post  cjisme Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi everybody! Hoofstalker here to discuss in-depth analysis of tank/feral dps dual class spells and they're effects on forms.

feel free to comment with data of your own dual class, So far here is what i have:

Warrior

Berserker Rage - Removes all fear, charm, and fear effects from the player and temporarily  makes them immune to these effects. Sadly while this would greatly assist in tanking it does remove Bear Form when cast and is not recommended. Cat Form damage dealers however will find loosing a few seconds of Cat Form quite negligible compared to wasting much longer trapped in a fear, that being said it is still not excessively useful given fear reducing talents and few bosses with long duration fears.

Second Wind - Heals the caster over ten seconds when stunned. This one makes me sad because the other warrior spells are so underwhelming that i don't find this one worth it. With greater bear health and stuns on Noktor, avenger, and pooch this makes a great bear tank talent but sadly lost in translation with the other spells.

Last Stand - Grants the user 30% health for 20 seconds, health is lost after expiration. Utter trash, it shares cool down with Survival Instincts and has the same effect as well as popping you out of form. It has a bit of a niche in that you can save that one talent point from SI i guess and Last Stand can be used out of forms but still seems completely out of place.

Intercept - Charges at the target and stuns for 3 seconds. Much like Last stand it has similar function to another spell (Feral Charge) and removes form. It does not share cooldown with feral charge and could maybe save you a talent point but again seems out of place.

over-all grade: D

Death Knight

Death Grip - Pulls the target to your location and taunts it. A secondary taunt that also works like a claw game at Denny's? Yes please! As for cats it can be useful on trash but wasted on bosses. Overall it is well rounded and does not remove form at all.

Bone Shield - Reduces damage taken by 20% and increases damage dealt by abilities by 2% as long as atleast one charge remains (3 charges). Benefits are self explanatory and this does not remove form when cast.

Raise Dead - Raises an undead minion to fight for you for 1 minute. Bonus dps from summon pet and does not remove form.

Death Grip - Interrupts spell casting and silences the target for 5 seconds. Relatively long cooldown for an interrupt but at least now you have one that isn't stun dependent and worthless on bosses like Bash. No form requirement and does not remove form.

over-all grade: A+
cjisme
cjisme

Back to top Go down

Feral Druid Dual Class Suggestions Empty Re: Feral Druid Dual Class Suggestions

Post  Softserve Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 pm

I love this! Keep them coming! I will sticky this after a full analysis of each combination is complete!
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  McCrick Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Thank you for explaining what spells knock you out of form and what does not. Keep in mind that we cannot just pick any spell from a class and add that to dual class spells. We have to make sure that it cost no mana/rage/energy etc.. Then we must also find a spell that does not scale too differently with spell power/attack power.

We are looking into lowering the spell power ratios with Riptide and Heal.
McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cjisme Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 pm

I have no issues with the chosen spells for your dual class McCrick. I personally like the choices available in the dual class system, I've just heard a lot of people saying they don't know what to do with their Feral druids on dual class so I'm doing a bit of research on the best choices Very Happy more data will come as i get the money to donate for more transfers, because there is no way im leveling that  many druids through tier 2 for dual class lol
cjisme
cjisme

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:23 pm

cjisme wrote:I have no issues with the chosen spells for your dual class McCrick. I personally like the choices available in the dual class system, I've just heard a lot of people saying they don't know what to do with their Feral druids on dual class so I'm doing a bit of research on the best choices Very Happy more data will come as i get the money to donate for more transfers, because there is no way im leveling that  many druids through tier 2 for dual class lol
+1
Love the work you're doing!

Best regards
Soft
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Radahan, of Ashen Verdict Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:21 am

cjisme wrote:I have no issues with the chosen spells for your dual class McCrick. I personally like the choices available in the dual class system, I've just heard a lot of people saying they don't know what to do with their Feral druids on dual class so I'm doing a bit of research on the best choices Very Happy more data will come as i get the money to donate for more transfers, because there is no way im leveling that  many druids through tier 2 for dual class lol
+1 indeed Very Happy

Thanks Smile

Best regards
Jonathan

Radahan, of Ashen Verdict

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeca Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 pm

maybe instead of having to donate they could open up the possibility of rechoosing your dualclass spec. not forever because i know mccrick and everyone doesn't want that. but maybe atleast until the best specs have been figured out?
Xeca
Xeca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down