Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Patch?

+4
Xeca
Softserve
McCrick
TheMoneyHater
8 posters

Go down

Patch - Custom Patch? Empty Custom Patch?

Post  TheMoneyHater Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:15 pm

TheMoneyHater's Ideas
First I wanna say, Hello Hell's Legion! I was going to post in the "Say Hello" Thread but naaaw! I wanna make my first post special Very Happy

I have seen some suggestions and one thing I notice was custom achivement and It came to me, why not help this server by adding custom content though a patch? I have been working with wow servers in 4 years now and 2 year of making patches. This is what I have done and some ideas that I think the community and McCrick should consider.

I have made a patch with some cool stuff inplanted and I hope you like it!

Link To YouTube

Sorry for my friend who is talking a little in the background Embarassed

(UPDATED)
Some other models: https://imgur.com/a/dxJQE
Some things you can fix with patch:
Druid Character Bug - https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img32/7526/lnrt.png
Fix Barber
Fixing so you can right click to use/equip every single item in the game.

I can pretty much edit or change anything with the UI and I have some knowledge about almost everything you may want. I can some simple c++ some HTML/CSS. I used to have my own server but I got bored on it so I shut it down and are now playing this server or helping my friend with his which is really boring.

I dare not say custom class because I have never made it but I got my own theory.
Tons of more things that I can't remember to type!

Those are just some few things I have made/have stored and i will talk about more if you want me.
If you consider "It'll be take to much time to download it" I'm the right person. I hate big patches and that is why I compile the things I want and NOTHING ELSE!

Patch - Custom Patch? GctMjvj
Patch - Custom Patch? NI04sGk
Really sorry for my bad English but I'm so tired and like.. jeeah
Thanks for watching and please reply what you think of me Smile

Last edited by TheMoneyHater on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:15 am; edited 8 times in total
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Patch - Custom Patch? Empty Re: Custom Patch?

Post  McCrick Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:36 pm

I will definitely be looking into this. I have been steering away from custom patches because it requires players to have to download something to play, which is kinda sketchy when joining a new server. (I know I wouldn't want to) I will probably message you sometime and we can talk about this. Smile
McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Like the idea, but I still don't like the custom patch.

In the end I would probably still play but that's besides the point, we like hells legion because it's unique.

Thanks for the suggestion
Keep em coming

Best regards
Soft
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:52 pm

But to stay unique, maybe a patch should come handy?

I know the feeling and I hate the fact about patch files but I really like the content that they can add. I know no server with only worgen/goblin/pandarens as races and if you want I can make so there is two pandaren button ( one for alliance and one for horde ).
I could make so everything I add is not needed to actually play.

I have also nothing to work with at the moment so I though maybe I can get something to do here but I guess I will have to come up with ideas myself Crying or Very sad
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 pm

TheMoneyHater wrote:But to stay unique, maybe a patch should come handy?

I know the feeling and I hate the fact about patch files but I really like the content that they can add. I know no server with only worgen/goblin/pandarens as races and if you want I can make so there is two pandaren button ( one for alliance and one for horde ).
I could make so everything I add is not needed to actually play.

I have also nothing to work with at the moment so I though maybe I can get something to do here but I guess I will have to come up with ideas myself Crying or Very sad

I just feel like every funserver now a days requires a custom patch to experience the full content. Hells Legion is the only realm I am aware of that doesn't require this custom patch hence unique.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Softserve wrote:
I just feel like every funserver now a days requires a custom patch to experience the full content. Hells Legion is the only realm I am aware of that doesn't require this custom patch hence unique.
Then you haven't played on so many servers I think. custom patches does increase the experience and you can't get that increased experince without a patch. I can make a launcher which you download the patch auto in if that is the problem. I rather play on a server with a patch sense then I know that they atlest "tried" to add some new content that I haven't seen or been using. And that they want there players to get better experience.

I really don't see the problem with downloading a launcher/patch. I mean, if they like the server and want the full experience they download the patch. They don't NEED the patch to play the actually server. You can't be that lazy that you wont download a simple launcher/patch to play on a server you like playing.

Last edited by TheMoneyHater on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

TheMoneyHater wrote:
Softserve wrote:
Then you haven't played on so many servers I think. custom patches does increase the experience and you can't get that increased experince without a patch. I can make a launcher which you download the patch auto in if that is the problem. I rather play on a server with a patch sense then I know that they atlest "tried" to add some new content that I haven't seen or been using. And that they want there players to get better experience.
I get what your saying but I feel like you aren't getting my point. New custom content would excellent! I support that aspect! I just like that Hell's Legion doesn't run on one, that's one of the reasons I started here.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Sorry lad, I don't get how you "get started on a server because they dont have a patch that increase the experience"

But Hey! I respect you! Very Happy 
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeca Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 am

I Cant Decide Whether Or Not I Want To Support This Because Im Not Even Sure i Would like To Play On Custom Patches.

+1 For Effort But I Cant Give My Support As Im Unsure Myself On The Subject.

Maybe Time Will Tell Eh? Smile

EDIT: Ive just Watched The Video And If You Can Do Half The Stuff In There I Would Totally Download The Patch If One Was Made. I Like The Different Mounts And Also 3 New Races To Play Can't Hurt

So Changing My Mind And I Will Deffo +1 This.. No I Will +2 This, One For Effort And One For Support Smile
Xeca
Xeca

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Xeca wrote:Custom Patches
Custom Patch" Razz 

I can do it, we're going to have content that we need and nothing else. makes the patch as small as possible. I can do 99% in the video but it depends on what we should add ^^. Thank you for your support Very Happy
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  McCrick Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Having a patch that requires you to download at the end-game content would probably be the best way to go. It's kinda like an expansion, you can play the game without it, but cannot get further to play end-game content without having the "patch".
McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:31 pm

McCrick wrote:Having a patch that requires you to download at the end-game content would probably be the best way to go. It's kinda like an expansion, you can play the game without it, but cannot get further to play end-game content without having the "patch".
So is this a confirmation that after Avenger's *famouse* questline is complete, we will be seeing a custom patch?

P.S. Check out my event post in the GM section.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevenz Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I agree with Soft. 
Sure I wouldent mind if we added a small custom patch, but I belive that new players wouldent feel like downloading a (lets say) 2gb patch to get the full experiance of the server.

But I like the idea of the custom launcher!
Could be a great way to add updates and such.

Best Regards!

Sevenz

Sevenz
Sevenz

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:38 pm

I like the idea McCrick!

Soon im going to get mad, Why does everyone think the patch is going to be huge like 2gb?
It will not be that big! Jeeesh Neutral
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  killik Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:36 am

If we're going to get costom patches I would recomend having a launcher, helps new players a lot.

killik

Back to top Go down

Post  Thaynus Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am

As your average player on Hells legion i'd like to toss in my input. Ahem.

A custom patch is annoying as hell when i first started up on this server i was like hmm i wonder if they have custom patches so i can decrease the amount of space i have left on my PC! Very Happy turns out you didn't thank god. However past getting full t2 which is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper easy to do btw because everyone is up for it unless you wanna pvp what is there to do after im not sure how private servers work if you can just ADD content without having a patch but if not i have no reason to keep playing if there is nothing new or nothing challenging being added i mean im down for killing Mc over and over till i finally get the winning roll on that weapon and shield i need but whats after that? level more characters and do it over? i'd like to see new content eventually but just speaking from MY experience with the server so far, i love everyone that plays it there are plenty of cool people just beyond that i usually just do nothing.

In MY opinion, i think it'd be cool if you guys added more events like world events much like the opening of the Dark Portal on TBC release that was pretty cool if you asked me like random things that just pop up out of no where with no warning for people to just go group up and do together keeps things spiced up (i'm in the suggestion forums right?) but i like i earlier not sure how you can add content to private servers but eventually new content is nice just don't make it like a 2gb download thats ridiculous

Thaynus

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:41 am

Thaynus wrote:As your average player on Hells legion i'd like to toss in my input. Ahem.

A custom patch is annoying as hell when i first started up on this server i was like hmm i wonder if they have custom patches so i can decrease the amount of space i have left on my PC! :Dturns out you didn't thank god. However past getting full t2 which is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper easy to do btw because everyone is up for it unless you wanna pvp what is there to do after im not sure how private servers work if you can just ADD content without having a patch but if not i have no reason to keep playing if there is nothing new or nothing challenging being added i mean im down for killing Mc over and over till i finally get the winning roll on that weapon and shield i need but whats after that? level more characters and do it over? i'd like to see new content eventually but just speaking from MY experience with the server so far, i love everyone that plays it there are plenty of cool people just beyond that i usually just do nothing.

In MY opinion, i think it'd be cool if you guys added more events like world events much like the opening of the Dark Portal on TBC release that was pretty cool if you asked me like random things that just pop up out of no where with no warning for people to just go group up and do together keeps things spiced up (i'm in the suggestion forums right?) but i like i earlier not sure how you can add content to private servers but eventually new content is nice just don't make it like a 2gb download thats ridiculous  
Great opinion! I would just like to remind you that the current staff is very small, and are currently working on Hells Legion 1.3 (New content) So sit tight and prepare for the next raid being released!

Best regards
Soft
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Thaynus wrote:just don't make it like a 2gb download thats ridiculous
Patch - Custom Patch? Zxmy8pE
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  McCrick Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:04 am

lol it would not be even near 2 gigs.... Like Softserver said, we have new content being release in the next weeks.
(2 new raids, 1 dungeon, and a new questing/pvp zone)
(No patch required for this content release)
McCrick
McCrick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 am

Patch - Custom Patch? Headlikeanorange
What are you looking at?
Just a random squirrel dumping this thread
TheMoneyHater
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruckas Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:40 pm

hi guys i was just reading all this on here and for the 2gb patch they are talking about its from another server that i played almost 4yrs on. they have a 2g patch atm but you have to realize that the patch isnt just a solid 2g its over the 4yrs of patches plus the new content they added as well so all together its 2g. i think patches is what keeps the players on a server if you want this server to grow then you need stuff that they arent use to. servers get boring cause we are bored with wow mostly and nothing will ever change that only if we want to keep playing wow we will. i say get all the custom things that will help the server grow like custom professions, raids, pvp, transmog dungeons, mounts (flying+ground speed mounts in azeroth), gems, potions if possible, and other stuff like this so it adds some good things for the server. this server has been up for a bit now and only a few have stayed loyal we get what maybe 50 peak we need things to occupy our time along with friendly players. when i joined the server back first thing i see is people fighting in .chat for 20 mins before it stop this is a no no and people will leave fast. just my thoughts for stuff to help the server and some wont like the patch but it will bring way more in than people leaving everyone loves panda worgen and stuff like that

Ruckas

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm

bigshot wrote:hi guys i was just reading all this on here and for the 2gb patch they are talking about its from another server that i played almost 4yrs on. they have a 2g patch atm but you have to realize that the patch isnt just a solid 2g its over the 4yrs of patches plus the new content they added as well so all together its 2g. i think patches is what keeps the players on a server if you want this server to grow then you need stuff that they arent use to. servers get boring cause we are bored with wow mostly and nothing will ever change that only if we want to keep playing wow we will. i say get all the custom things that will help the server grow like custom professions, raids, pvp, transmog dungeons, mounts (flying+ground speed mounts in azeroth), gems, potions if possible, and other stuff like this so it adds some good things for the server. this server has been up for a bit now and only a few have stayed loyal we get what maybe 50 peak we need things to occupy our time along with friendly players. when i joined the server back first thing i see is people fighting in .chat for 20 mins before it stop this is a no no and people will leave fast. just my thoughts for stuff to help the server and some wont like the patch but it will bring way more in than people leaving everyone loves panda worgen and stuff like that
I think we should wait to see what the next update has to offer before we go running into this, I know TheMoneyHater, and if he is asked to make a patch, I am totally going to play it. However for now I think we should sit tight and work on the issues in front of us.

I was originally anti-patch but after some convincing TheMoneyHater has made me a supporter, I just think this would be a bad time to start the project.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down