Death Knight - Random issues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death Knight - Random issues.

Post  Nadjia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Glyphs:   Glyph of Obliterate - Increases Obliterate % based damage by 25%. It is only raising it by 20%

Stats:    Armor - DKs currently have low armor, not sure what could be the cause. Will continue to test.

Skills:     Mind Freeze - Almost everything is immune to this skills, haha.

Death and Decay - Sometimes the AoE skill just fizzles out and Disappears after cast, not sure if
                                       this is a visual bug or if it is actually dying out after cast, happens randomly.

Rune Strike - The skill can proc and be clicked on for activation, but usage of any other skills
                               will cancel the attack almost like you unclicked it.

Plagues - They seem to be basing themselves off of weapon based damages instead of attack
                            power. This causes a major downfall for Unholy and Plague slinger based specs.

Nadjia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Death Knight - Random issues.

Post  Softserve on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:20 am

Nadjia wrote:Glyphs:   Glyph of Obliterate - Increases Obliterate % based damage by 25%. It is only raising it by 20%
After testing this myself, around 200 obliterates later, 50 on the level 80 targets, 50 soulstealers, 50 on frostsythe, and 50 on the boss target dummies, I have come to the conclusion that this glyph is in working order, at first it seemed like it was 20-maybe 22% but after averaging each crit it came closer to 24.8-25.3% damage increase.

Nadjia wrote:Stats:    Armor - DKs currently have low armor, not sure what could be the cause. Will continue to test.
The low armor is simply caused by the armor on the items, although after calculating the numbers, the Frost presence is leaving my armor at around 58% of what it should be at. a small margin, but a margin indeed.

Nadjia wrote:Skills:     Mind Freeze - Almost everything is immune to this skills, haha.
Although I couldnt test it in PvP, in PvE it did work 80% of the time, perhaps it does need a buff.

Nadjia wrote:Death and Decay - Sometimes the AoE skill just fizzles out and Disappears after cast, not sure if this is a visual bug or if it is actually dying out after cast, happens randomly.
You may want to check your graphics on this one, or even the location in which you drop the Death and Decay, Tested this 25 times, and not once did it do this.

Nadjia wrote:Rune Strike - The skill can proc and be clicked on for activation, but usage of any other skills will cancel the attack almost like you unclicked it.
I too found this to be the case, I have no idea what could cause it, I simply fixed it by replacing the spell itself with macro:
/cast Rune Strike

Nadjia wrote:Plagues - They seem to be basing themselves off of weapon based damages instead of attack power. This causes a major downfall for Unholy and Plague slinger based specs.
This simply comes down to what pops up on screen vs the numbers, Attack Power is simply an extension of weapon damage, The ticks from what was tested were doing 89% if my attack power not my weapon damage.

Thank you for your submission! I hope to see more to come!

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier"
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadjia on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 pm

I have tested Obliterate Glyphed AND unglyphed with NO spec, and yes, it is only recieving a 20% increase.

Death Strike randomly heals for only HALF of what it normally does, not sure what is causing this, i have tried it with different specs and setups, it has nothing to do with having another DK in thr group with his plagues on target and has nothing to do with specific buffs, it is just completely random.

We also get extremely low damage with 2 handers, currently 1 handers are a WAY more viable option than wearing and speccing for a 2 hander.

We still have low Armor gain with Frost Presence, not by much, but it is still there. I can barely reach 37k Armor with full defensive spec, Frost Presence and with elixirs and potion altogether while my Rogue has 40k Armor.

Nadjia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Softserve on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Thank you for your report Nadjia, I will test this personally when I have the time! Keep them coming! The Hells Legion Staff really appreciates your help!

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier"
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Recent tests.

Post  Nadjia on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:10 am

There are still multiple issues with this class. The only primary issues i have seen so far are Plague damages being low. Scourge Strike being somewhat busted. And the all known problem of DKs not being able to get above 75% Armor Penetration. The low Armor Penetration on a DK is really what makes them broke for the most part. This forces one to rely on strictly Frost and Shadow based damages while the rest of the abilities lack due to the low Armor Penetration issue. Possible fix could be more Armor Penetration on current armor sets.

Nadjia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:06 am

Nadjia wrote:The only primary issues i have seen so far are Plague damages being low.

I find them doing above the damage they should do by my knowledge of playing retail 3.3.5.

I'm watching you
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadjia on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:24 am

Good you flamed out on the info about plague damages being low. Now go ahead and read the rest of the issues now that you have gotten that laughter out of your system. =)

Nadjia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:19 am

Oh damn Shalla, you went hard on the issues haha

Epic Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadjia on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Technically i was being nice.... I could have been a complete asshole and said something as the following.

"I find them doing above the damage they should do by my knowledge of playing retail 3.3.5."

As a reply to your knowledge, I find your testing of retail knowledge to be refreshing as compared to most of the other testers. Thank you for this bit of info. Now lets just say you're an idiot for comparing this to a "Retail" realm. Retail cap was at lvl 80 and didn't have high end gear. Now go do some personal testing before you open your fat mouth with a reply to my testing and report. Have a nice day. =)

Just an example. >.>

I was being civil.

Nadjia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 am

Nadjia wrote:Technically i was being nice.... I could have been a complete asshole and said something as the following.

"I find them doing above the damage they should do by my knowledge of playing retail 3.3.5."

As a reply to your knowledge, I find your testing of retail knowledge to be refreshing as compared to most of the other testers. Thank you for this bit of info. Now lets just say you're an idiot for comparing this to a "Retail" realm. Retail cap was at lvl 80 and didn't have high end gear. Now go do some personal testing before you open your fat mouth with a reply to my testing and report. Have a nice day. =)

Just an example. >.>

I was being civil.
SNAP

Epic Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMoneyHater on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:17 am

(Fullmetal Alchemist) - The feeling I had while playing as a blood dk in 3.3.5.

Dk/War was my main on retail 3.3.5 but sadly I don't remember so much from my Dk. Blood dks can be alive for hours and as for unholy and frost the damage is fine. Dk is a tanky class but still having the enough damage to kill someone ratherly easily. I don't find it needed to increase the damage of the plagues.

I admire you Nadjia, to take the time of yours to do this but the problem is not "what should be fixed" the problem is "who will fix it" at the moment. I thank you for you being here.

I know how to scale the damage on the spells, That's why I'm waiting on McCrick to give me the permission to balance the classes and I can tell you that you'll all be happy about the changes Very Happy 

I'm watching you
TheMoneyHater
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadjia on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 am

Well i am glad you actually agree with me on some accounts, it is NOT just the DKs that need an adjustment though, all of the other classes as well currently have their own issues and such, which i still need to make more reports here after awhile. And if you had issues playing as a Blood DK then you were probably using it in a different manner than most people. Blood DK makes for a good short burst damage dealer. You mainly need Armor Penetration on them to be 75% and above for them to have a successful round about. Otherwise you get piss poor damage output like we do on here. 40% is the most i have reached without botching up my current STR build on my DK for a testing phase for Blood spec. But i can definitely say, it is still ALOT of fun to play as that spec.

Nadjia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top