Hell's Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION

+4
Mawshaw
maraad
Summer
Jpeg
8 posters

Go down

TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION Empty TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION

Post  Jpeg Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 am

Its really no secret that the population is pretty abysmal. Eventually, servers just die out if they can't some weight behind them.

Immediate Problems
Here are a bunch of scenarios that come up on what I would expect to be a regular basis and what their outcomes mean for the server.
1. Some new player gets on the server and they ask around the mall "Hey Can you help me kill frostscythe" and nobody helps them and they cant kill frostscythe on their own. Result:They end up finding another server.

2. Someone has full pvp gear / full t2 and they're running McCrick. McCrick gets killed and either their item doesn't drop or worse some other fucker wins it. Result: They're pissed. The problem with McCrick is everything bottlenecks at him because who doesn't want the best weapons in the game? So you're gonna be repeating this process until you get your weapons. Greatstaff of the wizard? Who needs it, people are only gonna settle for ghostblade and skull of hatred. Nobody wants to grind for 50 runs. He needs to drop more weapons. Hes got 15m health as a world boss. Hes easy as fuck.

Other Shit
3. Get rid of .buff. Basically unbalances pvp

4. Ever played on any pvp servers? Well they've got change faction command. Think about it.

5. There needs to be more options for items. Like you might not think people enjoy min/maxing their characters or customizing their characters, well guess what? People love that shit.

Heres a real quick example: Vote Strength Shirt - Armor Pen. Instead of putting haste on this version of the shirt, put armor pen on it instead. Easy.
Jpeg
Jpeg

Back to top Go down

TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION Empty Re: TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION

Post  Summer Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:04 am

I agree on all of this. You need to do some modifications soon or else the server will die.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION Empty Re: TUTORIAL: INCREASE UR SERVER POPULATION

Post  maraad Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Just last night I helped someone new with frost and let know know the gearing process. Got the daily done and helped out someone new, everyone wins. What if mc dropped two weapons? That might help people with drops

maraad

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawshaw Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 am

I strongly agree with everything you've mentioned. A quick suggestion about Frostscythe, and tier 1 weapons in general. How about making it so you can obtain the weapons through a quest? Maybe 10+ shards per weapon, or 5 Frostscythe kills, or even a quest that lets you swap the weapons? It can be extremely frustrating being a new player and trying to get your weapon, and actually being locked out because you've killed him too many times. Hell, it even makes me want to quit my new chars when this happens.
Mawshaw
Mawshaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Mena Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 am

Mawshaw wrote:I strongly agree with everything you've mentioned. A quick suggestion about Frostscythe, and tier 1 weapons in general. How about making it so you can obtain the weapons through a quest? Maybe 10+ shards per weapon, or 5 Frostscythe kills, or even a quest that lets you swap the weapons? It can be extremely frustrating being a new player and trying to get your weapon, and actually being locked out because you've killed him too many times. Hell, it even makes me want to quit my new chars when this happens.
Agreed.
Mena
Mena

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:52 pm

The points made by jpeg are very urgent issues. However, I'm not real sure how to change the outcome to some of those ideas.. I mean I guess that's not really my job but I wish the best of luck to the staff in order to improve on some of these issues Very Happy
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ♠Spade♠ Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:07 pm

What does .buff have to do with increasing population? Just remove the access to use it in PvP lawl.
♠Spade♠
♠Spade♠

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrive Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 am

I believe the population fell once t3 was released and nobody cared for t2 anymore
there is few t2 runs nowadays, though before t3 there was AC 24/7
now everyone geared afks in mall doing nothing

Thrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Logged Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:28 am

I'm not real sure how to address the issue at hand.. but hopefully when they scale MC to a 10m instance activity will pick up at least by a little..
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum