PvP; encouragement for more of it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  The "Legendary" Qt on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:57 pm

i have a few suggestions regarding the PvP side of the server and how to somehow encourage people to do more of it.

first of all; make a Season 0.5 PvP set based off T1 stats, but replacing/reducing some arp/crit for resilience, and either making it a free set in a vendor OR make it cost the same as T1 (5x Shards each piece!)

second; open up teleport locations to Gurubashi / Nagrand Arena i believe it's called Ring of Trials.

third; Make daily quests at each arena (Gurubashi and Ring of Trials!) where a player has to kill 10-15 players (can be adjusted!) and make the reward 2-4x Commendation of Bravery OR a daily quest to kill 50 players and recieve a Season 1 Piece of your choice (armor set ofc!).

NEW SUGGESTIONS!

Fourth; Spawn Arena NPCs (team creator & Queue NPC) at the Neutral Mall center, Perhaps a daily arena quest aswell? 5 arena wins for 2-4x Commendation of Bravery / Pet / Mount / Visual item?

Fifth; this also goes under some of my first suggestions, BUT; a PvP Daily for Frostscythe's Lair [PVP]! say uh.. kill 10-20 players for 4x Commendation of Bravery?

NEWER SUGGESTION(S)!

SIXTH!; BOUNTY NPC - The purpose of this NPC is for basicly putting Bountys on other players, my suggestion is to put this NPC in the center of the mall OR at Frostscythe PvP Border, Explanation; This NPC allows players to put bountys on other players of any race/faction, where the reward will be a chosen amount of "PvP Tokens" chosen by the player that puts up the bounty, it can be anywhere from 1 to 50,000!

Thoughts / Suggestions to what can be changed for this idea?; feel free to post it right here!


i will serve the right to Edit / make changes to this thread as i go on with more ideas about how to encourage more PvP on the server.


Last edited by Qt on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:08 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : New Suggestions Added!)

_________________

You'll never know what true pain is ... untill you've experienced it yourself..
avatar
The "Legendary" Qt

Posts : 19
Points : 25
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 29
Location : Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Quiet on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:09 pm

I agree with this. There isn't no where near enough PvP going on. Without PvP, there isn't a lot to do in downtime in between raids.
avatar
Quiet

Posts : 18
Points : 22
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Rubinho on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm

I am fuckin down for that! Awesome idea to increase PVP on this server. The servers problem is that there are 2 groups of players. On the on hand there are the newbies with 0 PvP gear and on the other hand there are the experienced ones with full or mostly full PvP gear. That makes PvP uber unattractiv for new people and this idea could possibly increase the servers PvP at all.

1+ !

Rubinho

Posts : 26
Points : 34
Join date : 2013-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  The "Legendary" Qt on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Edited main post!

_________________

You'll never know what true pain is ... untill you've experienced it yourself..
avatar
The "Legendary" Qt

Posts : 19
Points : 25
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 29
Location : Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Sephiroth on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Qt wrote:i have a few suggestions regarding the PvP side of the server and how to somehow encourage people to do more of it.

first of all; make a Season 0.5 PvP set based off T1 stats, but replacing/reducing some arp/crit for resilience, and either making it a free set in a vendor OR make it cost the same as T1 (5x Shards each piece!)

second; open up teleport locations to Gurubashi / Nagrand Arena i believe it's called Ring of Trials.

third; Make daily quests at each arena (Gurubashi and Ring of Trials!) where a player has to kill 10-15 players (can be adjusted!) and make the reward 2-4x Commendation of Bravery OR a daily quest to kill 50 players and recieve a Season 1 Piece of your choice (armor set ofc!).

NEW SUGGESTIONS!

Fourth; Spawn Arena NPCs (team creator & Queue NPC) at the Neutral Mall center, Perhaps a daily arena quest aswell? 5 arena wins for 2-4x Commendation of Bravery / Pet / Mount / Visual item?

Fifth; this also goes under some of my first suggestions, BUT; a PvP Daily for Frostscythe's Lair [PVP]! say uh.. kill 10-20 players for 4x Commendation of Bravery?

Thoughts / Suggestions to what can be changed for this idea?; feel free to post it right here!

i will serve the right to Edit / make changes to this thread as i go on with more ideas about how to encourage more PvP on the server.

I approve this suggestion, it would make pvp alot more interresting Cool

_________________
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
         
chars: Amnesia(palli)
         Sephiroth(dk)
       Kratos(war)
         Chaos(priest)
avatar
Sephiroth

Posts : 15
Points : 15
Join date : 2013-10-26
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  The "Legendary" Qt on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 am

Another Suggestion added!

_________________

You'll never know what true pain is ... untill you've experienced it yourself..
avatar
The "Legendary" Qt

Posts : 19
Points : 25
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 29
Location : Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Quiet on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:59 am

I think they should have a way to hold more than 100k honor. Since most players that actually PvP are already at the honor cap. They could make debt card system like they do with gold, but with honor instead. The honor "debt cards" don't have to be exchangeable, they could be account bound or soulbound, if you don't want people sending the honor to their alts. There is a lack of things to actually buy with honor after you get the full set and have the xmog gear you want because honor rates are high.
avatar
Quiet

Posts : 18
Points : 22
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Dotexe on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 pm

I definitely agree with all of the suggestions here. I think the best one is the introductory PvP set though. It's quite hard to get into PvP when players already have full sets and you don't even have the option of obtaining gear with resilience. This unbalance just results in the player with no resi getting destroyed by the players with it.

_________________
avatar
Dotexe

Posts : 2
Points : 4
Join date : 2013-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Texmon on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Dotexe wrote:I definitely agree with all of the suggestions here. I think the best one is the introductory PvP set though. It's quite hard to get into PvP when players already have full sets and you don't even have the option of obtaining gear with resilience. This unbalance just results in the player with no resi getting destroyed by the players with it.
Yea i agree with Dot on that
avatar
Texmon
Member
Member

Posts : 73
Points : 77
Join date : 2013-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  The "Legendary" Qt on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:22 am

i'd like to see a comment from Avenger / McCrick about these suggestions.

_________________

You'll never know what true pain is ... untill you've experienced it yourself..
avatar
The "Legendary" Qt

Posts : 19
Points : 25
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 29
Location : Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Avenger on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:02 pm

These are all great suggestions to get PvP flowing on the server. A few of these were actually ones that McCrick and I spoke of and may come along with Season 2 (which we would like to have done soon!).

We would like to make a set for the "starter" PvP players so that it is not completely one sided. Hopefully getting a starting PvP set will encourage players to try and upgrade their set and have more BGs going.

We originally had the Gurubashi teleport location on the world teleporter but not many people actually used it. Though it is not difficult to re-add so this can be something we can do for those who care. This brings me also to the next topic relating to the Arena NPCs. These NPCs are actually in the mall now (and always have been Razz). There is an NPC for creating arena teams and skirmishes in the central mall area. If these are missing or I am thinking of something else, feel free to correct me xD.

Frostscythe PvP is another thing we really hope to get flowing in the next Season of PvP. As mentioned earlier, McCrick and I are talking and considering ways of making these PvP concepts work so that we have a nice delivery for the players when the time arrives. The NPCs mentioned in the suggestions might take time to get working but it is always something to consider.

All in all these are all great suggestions! I look forward to seeing if there is anything else you guys can come up with and we'll see about adding it for everyone to enjoy Very Happy


_________________
avatar
Avenger
Admin
Admin

Posts : 37
Points : 55
Join date : 2012-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  The "Legendary" Qt on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Avenger wrote:These are all great suggestions to get PvP flowing on the server. A few of these were actually ones that McCrick and I spoke of and may come along with Season 2 (which we would like to have done soon!).

We would like to make a set for the "starter" PvP players so that it is not completely one sided. Hopefully getting a starting PvP set will encourage players to try and upgrade their set and have more BGs going.

We originally had the Gurubashi teleport location on the world teleporter but not many people actually used it. Though it is not difficult to re-add so this can be something we can do for those who care. This brings me also to the next topic relating to the Arena NPCs. These NPCs are actually in the mall now (and always have been Razz). There is an NPC for creating arena teams and skirmishes in the central mall area. If these are missing or I am thinking of something else, feel free to correct me xD.

Frostscythe PvP is another thing we really hope to get flowing in the next Season of PvP. As mentioned earlier, McCrick and I are talking and considering ways of making these PvP concepts work so that we have a nice delivery for the players when the time arrives. The NPCs mentioned in the suggestions might take time to get working but it is always something to consider.

All in all these are all great suggestions! I look forward to seeing if there is anything else you guys can come up with and we'll see about adding it for everyone to enjoy Very Happy

1st red text; my bad, i didn't even see them, lmfao, im so blind.

2nd red text; are you thinking about the bounty NPC i mentioned?

_________________

You'll never know what true pain is ... untill you've experienced it yourself..
avatar
The "Legendary" Qt

Posts : 19
Points : 25
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 29
Location : Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PvP; encouragement for more of it.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum